Everyone wants to have flawless skin without any skin imperfections. The pollution, work stress and make up damages the skin and make it look dull. To remove this dullness and bring your natural glow to the surface so that it’s visible, you need to put some efforts into taking care of your skin. You can either choose to spend a good share of your salary on salon skin treatments or you can choose to adopt some simple home remedies which will be as good as the salon treatments in bringing the results.
Preparing homemade skin mixtures to nourish your skin is the best way because this way you can be sure of using natural products which won’t harm your skin like the chemicals used in the products available in the market. The natural ingredients which are effective and beneficial for skin care recipes are easily available in your kitchen and do not cost much. Even if you don’t want to use the homemade recipes regularly it is still advised to learn them so that in case of emergencies when you don’t have much time or money left you can fall back to these recipes.
A Homemade Cleanser Or Face Wash:
If you are out of your branded face wash then you can prepare one yourself with natural ingredients. All you need is lemon juice, olive oil, and raw honey. Lemon and honey are known to carry antioxidants which help the skin to glow. Lemon works to reduce the excess oil on your face and can even fight aging signs and help to delay them. Thus you can clean your skin while making it look youthful.
- Squeeze a half lemon and mix the lemon juice with raw honey.
- Adding a few drops of olive oil into this will add the potent nutrients carried by olive oil into it.
- Use this mixture directly on your face to clean it and rinse it with lukewarm water.
- You can store and use this cleanser for one week.
A Homemade Facial Scrub:
Scrubbing your face regularly after two to three days is very important. Exfoliation by scrubbing your skin can help to remove the layer of dead cells which hide your natural glow. However, it shouldn’t be done daily as it can lead to rashes. The frequency needed to do scrubbing depends on the skin type. This is one important step which you shouldn’t miss and especially when you have such an easy recipe for preparing a facial scrub at home.
- You just need coconut oil and sugar which is easily available at home
- Add 1 spoon of coconut oil to 2 spoons of sugar.
- Use this scrub after cleaning your face.
- You can store this scrub for 3 months and use it.
- Coconut oil has been used for ages to soften and nourish skin. It also lightens the skin tone and fades the scars.
A Homemade Toner:
Toners are helpful to even the skin and should be used after scrubbing the face.
Take a medium-sized cucumber and chop it into small pieces.
- Now pour some water into it and heat the mixture in a pan.
- Heat the pan until it starts boiling.
- Then let the mixture cool down and filter it before storing it.
- Apply this on your face with a cotton pad.
A Homemade Facial Mask
Doing facial at home is the correct way to make your skin healthy and glowy. It is power packed with lots of nutrients which relieve your skin and give it a fresh and radiant look. Using a facial mask once a week is just the right way to feel younger and beautiful. Start doing it and you will notice the results soon.
- Take a half-peeled banana and mash it in a bowl.
- Now add a tablespoon of honey and orange juice into it.
- Try to make a consistent paste but even if there are some lumps then don’t worry about it.
- Apply the mixture on your face and let it dry.
- Wash with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.
- Once done, apply a good moisturizer on your face.
This face mask is suitable for all skin types. Regular use will make your skin healthy and give a natural glow to your skin.
Photo credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto!